Tuesday 16 August 2011

Possible TMI/ID Convention

Hello!

I am a bit of a huge The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare fan :P I love them. So I am a part of the Google Group for The Mortal Instruments. Recently there has been a bit of talk about possibly trying to organise a convention type thing for fans of the series in NYC to attend. I personally wouldn't be able to attend this time (hopefully if it is successful they will be able to hold it again :)) as I am a full tie university student, so I don't have much time or money. But I am more than willing to help try and spread the word and see how many people would be interested in something like this. So if any of you are fans, or know people that are fans and you think they would be interested please help us spread the word and give any ideas for what you think. 

Here is the post about it on Google Groups: 
Hello Everyone, 
I've been talking with Mina Blak, and we came up with a crazy idea for
starting a convention for all people who are interested in Cassandra
Clare's TMI/ID Universe.  We were thinking of holding it in New York
City sometime next year, hopefully around the time that City of Lost
Souls is being published. 
 
We'd like to see how many people would be legitimately interested in
an endeavor like this.  We'd like to know if you're interested in
attending, organizing, or anything of the sort.  Any feedback is
really appreciated, since if we were to actually come up with
something, we'd have to start working very soon. 
 
I currently live in Wisconsin, USA.  This means that organizing
something on the East Coast wouldn't be the easiest thing for me, but
I'd be willing to try if there's enough expressed interest in
something like this. 
 
I'm asking everyone to make this go viral.  Post something about this
on your Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and anywhere else you can think to
see what kind of feedback we could get.
If you're interested in getting a hold of me personally, here's my
contact information.  Please no spam, just legitimate questions and
feedback only, and put something in the subject line about
"convention" here: 
 
thewisepenseuse(at)hotmail(dot)com
cornerchairseat.tumblr.com
https://twitter.com/#!/thewisepenseuse 
 
Thank you
~Eileen Kelm
So if you are interested, please spread the word and if you have any ideas please e-mail Eileen. I hope to see good things come from this. So good luck to Eileen and Mina and everyone else that is willing to help!  

Jammie the Book Nerd
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment