Friday 5 August 2011

Mini Reviews: Before I Die, Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals

Hey guys! 

I am being a bit lazy at the moment. So I thought that I would just do a couple of quick mini review type things. 

Before I Die by Jenny Downham 

MY RATING: 2/5

REVIEW: 
I didn't really enjoy Before I Die very much. I felt that I couldn't really connect with the characters. Tessa seemed very bitter and all round a little bit mean, I guess I can kind of see where some of it comes from. It wouldn't be easy being in her position, being so young with leukemia, but she just wasn't a very nice person. 
Her best friend was also a little strange. She was very mean to Tessa a lot of the time. I just sort of felt that wouldn't you be nicer, and trying to enjoy every moment that you had with your terminally ill best friend? 
So all in all I really didn't enjoy this book very much. But I liked Adam :) 

Heist Society by Ally Carter 

MY RATING: 4/5

REVIEW: 
I really, really enjoyed this book :) It was a very enjoyable read. I loved reading about teenage thieves, that was really different and fun for me. The characters and all round story were written very well. 
I loved all of the side characters as well. Hamish and Angus were really fun and hilarious, and Gabrielle reminded me a lot of Izzy from The Mortal Instruments series. She is really kick arse crawl-through-a-vent-and-come-out-looking-fantastic-still kind of girl. Hale was a very loveable male lead, he's rich and cocky, but it really suits him. 
I loved this book and I would definitely recommend it :) 


Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter 

MY RATING: 4/5


REVIEW:
Uncommon Criminals is the sequel to Heist Society mentioned above. I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the first one. I read them straight after each other and they both flowed together really well. It feels sad to have finished them both and having to be leaving behind Kat's world for the time being. Again this one was a really fun read, for me mystery and teenage thieves was something really fun to read about, this book had lots of suspenseful moments that had me a little worried for the Kat and her crew. The Heist Society books were very entertaining read and I would definitely recommend them, I am hoping that there will be more books in the series. I would love to read them :) 


Jammie the Book Nerd
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment