Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

MY RATING: 5/5

CLOCKWORK ANGEL (THE INFERNAL DEVICES #1) BLURB: 
Magic is dangerous - but love is more dangerous still. 

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world she finds herself fascinated by - and torn between - two best friends and quickly realises that love may be the most dangerous magic of all. 

MY REVIEW:
For some strange reason I have a lot of trouble reviewing books I love a lot. I think it may be because I have no criticism of them, so in only saying good things about the series I feel like I am gushing too much. For this reason I decided to do a review of The Infernal Devices series as a whole.

The Infernal Devices is a story of love, loss, friendship, family, sacrifice, and so much more; with kick arse characters and some pretty creepy antagonists. Cassandra Clare has a way with her characters, they always enchant me almost instantly; Tessa, Will and Jem, along with everyone else in this series, were no exception. I fall hard for characters, and I fell extra hard for these ones.

If you enjoyed The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and have not yet picked up The Infernal Devices I would highly recommend checking it out! If you are a fan of emotional stories and/or steampunk I would also recommend you check this series out.


I could sing praise for this series forever. I have loved this series deeply and these characters will be in my heart for a very long time. Clockwork Princess was tragic and wonderful, it was sad and happy; I was lost between tears of heartbreak and joy in the end. There were also a lot of tears for the ending of a fantastic series. As always Clare delivers a beautifully imagined world and fantastic characters that you can’t help but fall in love with over and over.

There was nothing I did not love about this series, each and every book was amazing and I look forward to and hope for many more books by Cassandra Clare in both the near and distant future.

Jammie the Book Nerd
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment